<p id="cxoio"><tbody id="cxoio"><video id="cxoio"></video></tbody></p>
<table id="cxoio"><strike id="cxoio"><b id="cxoio"></b></strike></table>
  • <acronym id="cxoio"><strong id="cxoio"><address id="cxoio"></address></strong></acronym>

    <table id="cxoio"><option id="cxoio"></option></table>
    <p id="cxoio"></p>
    1. <acronym id="cxoio"><label id="cxoio"><xmp id="cxoio"></xmp></label></acronym>
      <table id="cxoio"><ruby id="cxoio"></ruby></table>

        1. <acronym id="cxoio"><strong id="cxoio"></strong></acronym>
          header image

          UK Government in Florida: British Consulate in Miami


          ??■? THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT in Florida:? ?All consular services for British nationals in our state and UK-US trade queries are handled by the British Consulate-General in Miami.? The current?British Consul-General is?Nicolette Brent M.B.E., since August 2018.? ?They do NOT handle USA immigration matters.??

          ■? ? ? MIAMI OFFICE [305] 400 6400.? ?You can also email queries to: ? ?askflorida@fco.gov.uk? ?British Consulate General Miami address: ? ?1001 Brickell Bay Drive, ?Floor 28, ?Miami FL 33131.? ?Office hours by appointment only.? You cannot just walk in.?? That stopped following 9-11.? At one time, Brits could/would “pop in” to ask Consular staff for a recipe for Shepherds Pie!? ?Consult their website:? ?https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-consulate-general-miami

          ■ ?The British Consulate General in Miami? Represents the UK government in Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. This involves work across political, commercial, security and economic areas of interest to the UK and providing consular assistance to British nationals is our region.??

          ■ ?TO OBTAIN AN EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOCUMENT: ?Visit?:??? https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document?or phone the British Consulate Miami on [305] 400-6400 and press the Emergency Option.?

          ■ ?To apply for or renew a UK Passport: ? See The PASSPORTS page on this website.?

          ■? WANT TO WORK IN OR MOVE TO THE UK?? Non Brits will need a visa.? British subjects with UK passports who want to return permanently, maybe with your non British spouse:? Such matters are handled directly via the Government’s?website.? Find all the information on? ?https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
          IMPORTANT:? ?That’s the OFFICIAL UK Government website–do not be fooled by, or give money to, lookalike websites.? Or try calling the British Consulate in Miami for advice [305] 400-6400.?

          ■ ?TO VISIT THE UK :? ?Non UK passport holders can stay up to 6 months as a visitor.
          Find all the information by reading ?www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/tourist-short-stay-visas

          ■ ? MARRIAGE ?For Americans [or any other non-Brit] planning to marry a British citizen and move over to the UK, the British subject? should consult ?www.gov.uk/browse/visa-immigration. ?That page explains the steps on how to obtain a visa for the foreign fiance [e].

          ■ ??Covering just about everything you might need to know if you’re moving back to, or moving to the UK for the first time: ?Jobs, prices, accommodation, advice on bank accounts, health insurance, visas, money transfer, and many other tips: ?Consult the website ?www.workgateways.com/working-in-the-uk

          ■? ORLANDO: ?? ?Since 2014, the British Consulate offices in Orlando have been closed. ?All services currently offered by the British Consulate in Orlando are handled by the British Consulate-General in Miami. ?A small consular team will remain in Central Florida, working under the direction of the Miami office, to offer direct services to British nationals in the region, such as emergency passport services, and assistance to those hospitalized or arrested and detained. The British Consulate-General in Miami can be contacted at (305) 400-6400.?

          ■ ?UK-USA TRADE: ? ??THE BRITISH CONSULATE-GENERAL in MIAMI [305] 400-6400 deals with trade between the UK and other countries, via the British Government’s Trade and Investment office in London.??? Trade and Investment is the Government organisation that supports companies in the UK doing business internationally and overseas enterprises seeking to locate in the UK. UK Trade & Investment provides access to a growing network of global business advisors, market entry intelligence and guidance on operational issues.? It assists British firms in the UK and those based in Florida to find overseas business and operates under the British Government’s international trade programme.? They are your global business partners.?? Because of its proximity to South America the Miami British Consulate-General has a heavy focus on promoting UK-Latin America trade. ? If you are a British-owned business or a Florida-based subsidiary of a UK company and you wish to do business internationally, the Miami staff will assist you with resources and identifying opportunities and creating sales leads in the UK and all South American countries and over 200 countries total. ? Trade Partners UK gives you access to the full range of UK Government help for Britain‘s exporters and overseas investors. ? Advice and help to achieve your international sales goals. Find a reliable rep/agent in another country who will sell your products. The British Consulate-General in Miami is?responsible for British interests in the Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, including Political, Press and Public Diplomacy. ? ? ?Additionally, the Miami based Trade & Investment Team promotes trade and investment opportunities throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, South Carolina, and the US Virgin Islands. ?FABB [Florida Association of British Business] liaises with the British Consulate-General in Miami [and via referral from the Orlando office] because some of our British business members trade with the UK and South America. FABB members have been included on trade missions, functions and events organised by the British Consulate-General. FABB President Patricia Kawaja was used as resource and speaker at the Consular office in Miami from 1998-2003. ??

          ■? British Consul General in Miami is?Nicolette Brent MBE??Your bustling “British colony” of Florida welcomes you,? Nicolette!? ?Nicolette took up her appointment as Her Majesty’s Consul General in Miami in August 2018.? Her British husband Karl, an ex-Royal Marine, is with her in miami. As Consul General, Nicolette will lead the Government’s work promoting UK economic, commercial, political and consular interests in Miami, the state of Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.? ?Nicolette’s most recent role has been Deputy Head of Crisis Management Department in London; helping the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its global network to prepare for crises. Whilst in the role Nicolette managed the response to various crises, including the Nepal earthquake, the terrorist attacks in Tunisia, France, Belgium and UK, conflict in South Sudan, the political crises in Zimbabwe and Gambia as well as the 2017 Caribbean hurricanes. Nicolette has served in a variety of roles overseas, most recently as Head of Governor’s Office in the British Virgin Islands, Deputy Consul General in Iraq, Vice Consul in Lebanon and earlier postings in Greece, Malaysia, Thailand and Egypt. Nicolette was awarded the MBE for her work in northern Iraq. In the UK Nicolette’s roles have included Head of the Overseas Security Team and Kidnap Response Manager in the Counter Terrorism Department.??

          ■? ?Duties of the British Consul General in Miami:?The Consul General is the senior UK official in a Consulate General, which is a subordinate office to the Embassy or High Commission, usually located in another major city. The Consul General represents the UK government and is typically responsible for consular, visa and trade activities in their city or region.


          Other–unrelated to the British Government.

          ?ARE YOU A BRIT LIVING IN FLORIDA? ?OR UK BRIT WITH PROPERTY THERE? ?Sign up for our eBritnews email—invitations to local British events and info relevant to expats. ?Send email to? britishbusinessflorida@gmail.com? On subject line put: ?Receive Florida eBritnews. IMPORTANT: ?Must include your Florida city + contact phone. ?

          £ $??TIP:? WANT TO SAVE WHEN TRANSFERRING over UK CURRENCY??? DON’T USE YOUR BANK! ?Use Moneycorp.??[ I use Moneycorp myself–FABB President.]?? ?TO FIND OUT MORE: ?? Phone Moneycorp’s Kelly Cutchin on? [863] 207-6616 at their USA HQ in Orlando to ask all your questions.? Or email your query to?Kelly Cutchin ?kelly.cutchin@moneycorp.comThe pound is shaky.? That affects all expats in Florida who still have UK dealings. To transfer your precious funds, we highly recommend you use the services of Moneycorp. ?At lower rates than any bank!? This will save you fees and grief, as we Londoners say!? What your own bank won’t do is save considerable ?exchange fees, like Moneycorp. ? NOW is an advantageous time for you to transfer any funds you have.? THE BEST WAY:?? Moneycorp, the UK company with an office in Florida and droves of satisfied Florida clients. It is the only UK currency exchange company licenced to deal in 50 states. ??Many expat Brits here have used this currency service for years and report huge savings and satisfaction.? ? ? Moneycorp’s HQ is in England.? ?Posted by the Florida Association of British Business [FABB].? Moneycorp have been trusted members since 2005. ?


          flagman??? ?YOUR UK PENSION:??ARE YOU OVER 55? ?DID YOU PAY INTO A UK COMPANY/PRIVATE PENSION??? ?Do you know whether and how you can access your lump sum and bring it over to the USA? ???For a FREE review of your UK pension contact Mark Solomons in Florida with Florin Pensions direct on [561] 793-1311 or via email ?msolomons@florinpensions.com? On Subject line put: ?“To Mark Solomons—UK pension query”. ? ?Include your name + city + phone + a sentence about the type of company/private pension you paid into. Mark is a longtime member of the Florida Association of British Business. ?As FABB’s UK pensions expert he has unfrozen many pensions for USA expats over the years.? ?